The colors of jade and it's associated meaning
The Colors of Jade
One of the most important value factor for jade is color.
Many consumers traditionally associate jadeite with the color green, and may come as a surprise to learn that the gemstone comes in various other colors as well!
As the image above portrays, jade can come in many different colors of the spectrum. All of these colors can be attractive.
While jade meaning is rooted in calm wisdom, healing and protection, there is a belief that each jade color carries a slightly different meaning and representation of energy.
Aside from the spiritual energy, we also want to talk about the aesthetics. Color can be thought of as a persona, it connects with our mind and is a way for us to exhibit our mood and style.
Jade colors from Jadeite Atelier:
Strong Green Jade
- Abundance of peaceful, prosperity and wealthy.
- In Chinese, the green jade is the origin of the word: “Money Flows”
- Same as above.”
Spiritual support. Strengthens your emotional body.
Lavender jade vibrates at the highest ethereal level.
- Protection support.
- Wards of negative energies.
- Focus support.
- Clears your mind of distractions allowing for better decision making.
Other jade colors:
- Represents cheerfulness and joy.
- Heightens assimilations and comprehension.
- Nourishes joy through connections with all living beings.
- Provides quiet stimulation of the mind.
- Strengthens the spiritual life force.
- Reduces fear while encouraging action and initiation.
- Helps with grounding the mind.
- Strengthens your connection with the Earth.
- Creates comfort and a sense of reliability.
- Calming the mind, creating inner peace and self reflection.
- Useful for encouraging dreams and visions.
Jade of Three Colors
(Fu Lou Shou)
- Three colors jade in a piece such as white, purple, green / purple, yellow and green are the symbols of luck.
- The growth in life is never endless. Fu Lou Shou jade color is a pattern cherished by Chinese for centuries.
- Two colors combined in one piece, such as white green /black green / white purple.
- Represents wealthiness, never to lack and prosperity in life.
Which color of jade would best suit you?
Find beautiful jade jewelry of many colors at Jadeite Atelier, click HERE.
For more information about the factors determining the quality of jade, visit GIA.